Friday, November 16, 2012

Predictions for Michigan/Iowa & MSU/Northwestern


Another Saturday of college football is upon us. Here are my predictions for the two games taking place.

Iowa at Michigan
I think this is a game Michigan can win with some ease. The Hawkeyes are a mess right now, having lost four straight. The Michigan defense shouldn’t break much of a sweat to keep the Iowa offense in check and the Wolverines should continue to build off their offensive performances of the last two weeks. Devin Gardner has played well thus far at quarterback and I expect that to continue. If Denard Robinson is given his shot to play in what is his final home game, I think he will come through with some big plays. Essentially, anything less than a comfortable win would be surprising to me. Michigan needs to carry some momentum into next week against Ohio State and Iowa is a perfect opponent for that to happen.
Michigan 31, Iowa 13

Northwestern at Michigan State
Despite MSU’s strength against the run defensively, I still expect Northwestern to be able to move the ball on the ground. The Wildcats have found a way to be competitive in every game this year and I don’t see that changing against the Spartans. For the MSU offense, I expect a solid showing, as the Wildcats are giving up nearly 400 yards per game. Le’Veon Bell will get his chance to shine, but I think it will be the MSU passing game that ultimately guides it to a victory. We have seen the Wildcats give up big plays in the secondary recently and Michigan State should look to attack them deep. I do think this game will be close and come down to the end, but I see the Spartans edging the Wildcats to become bowl eligible.
Michigan State 24, Northwestern 20

No comments:

Post a Comment