Monday, December 31, 2012

Outback Bowl Prediction


I don’t see the Outback Bowl turning out well for Michigan.
I don’t see this game being terribly lopsided, but I think the Michigan offense will have problems moving the ball against a strong and speedy defense like South Carolina.
Defensively, I think Michigan can keep South Carolina in check, but the Gamecocks will still find a way to score enough points to win.
South Carolina doesn’t quite have the same defensive talent that Alabama has, but it’s not far off. Devin Gardner will have to have a tremendous performance for Michigan to win, and I just don’t think he’s ready to carve up this defense quite yet.
Denard Robinson has struggled running against tough defenses like this, and I don’t think he is going to have that much of an impact when the Wolverines call his number.
If Michigan is to win, it will probably take a defensive or special teams touchdown, and you can’t really expect those to happen.
In the end, I see Connor Shaw making enough big throws to set up a few touchdowns and a few field goals, while Michigan will be clawing for everything it can get on offense.
Prediction: South Carolina 20, Michigan 10

No comments:

Post a Comment